It is a fact that when you introduce any substance into your body that it is not accustomed to, there can be side effects. Your body will show specific adverse effects when you inhale, ingest, or even touch certain chemical substances.
Vaping e-liquids are not different since e-liquid contain chemicals such as nicotine that may have side effects to who is consuming it for the very first time.
Below are three side effects that you may or may not experience when you vape;
- Chances are, if you’re feeling nauseous from vaping, it could be due to nicotine that you inhaled. The feeling of an upset stomach is known as a common side effect of nicotine consumption, to which smokers often report the same when they began smoking.
- The nauseous feelings are not only linked with only nicotine usage. Sometimes, it can be a reaction to a specific e-juice that you’re using.
- Cut back on the consumption of the e-juice or lower down the nicotine level
- Most of the time, the feeling of lightheadedness and dizziness from vaping nicotine, often resolve themselves if you give it a little time.
- Should the nauseous feeling do not go away and causing you distress, it’s best to seek immediate medical attention.
- Switching from smoking to vaping might have initial side effects due to your body adjusting itself from the withdrawal of other chemicals found in cigarettes.
- If you’re experiencing headaches and it’s not from quitting smoking, your body may be dehydrated.
- If you’ve noticed persistent dry mouth in conjunction with the headaches, a simple treatment would be to drink more water.
- If that doesn’t work, consult a medical professional immediately.
- Coughing from vaping appear to be frequent complaints from beginner vapers.
- Generally speaking, coughing is a result of the wrong approach to vaping and how you inhale the e-liquids.
- If you’re coughing when you take a hit, check the airflow of the device without activating. If it feels tight like a coffee straw, it’s meant for cigarette inhaling called mouth-to-lung.
- If you feel like you’re sucking air through a milkshake straw, it’s a direct-lung device.
- Knowing the proper way to inhale on your vape device would prevent you from coughing when you vape.
- If it feels too harsh on the throat, make sure to stop vaping for a while and drink plenty of water to stop the coughing.
Most of the observed side effects of vaping are side effects of nicotine usage.
The key to remember is that vapes are not meant to be a health product. They are, however, a much safer alternative to smoking.